Learning how to organize clutter will revolutionise your life. I know because naturally I’m a hoarder! I’m so sure I may need that extra ‘thingamebob’ one day. But all it does is waste my time when I’m trying to find things, frustrate me because I have to clean it or around it and makes me feel tense because clutter looks messy!
Did you recognize any items of your own there you need to deal with?
1. Schedule a time to attack it when you have a big block of time and hopefully with some help. You’ll be encouraged by what you get done due to minimal interruptions. If you don’t have a heap of time, just select one room to focus on this time month.
2. Wear comfortable old clothes that won’t get in the way or matter if they get dusty
3. Get three big boxes and label Storage, Donate, Sell. Anything that doesn’t fit in these categories obviously goes back into drawers and closets.
4. Knowing how to organize clutter involves being systematic. Work on one room at a time and work your way from one end to the other sorting through every item. Check in boxes, drawers, on shelves, bookcases, floors and tabletops.
5. Eliminate all distractions. Organize a baby sitter or get the children to help. Turn the answering machine on or take the phone off the hook. Set times for food and drink breaks so you’re not getting up all the time. Try not to go down memory lane with every item you pick up!
6. Create a fun working atmosphere. Put on some boppy music as long as you don’t get carried away dancing!
7. Get rid of as much as possible. Knowing how to organize clutter means you need to be ruthless. Guaranteed, this time next year you will have accumulated just as much if not more again.
8. Remember to put everything through the Clutter Test
9. Keep thinking about how much this is going to help your family live more efficiently and peacefully.
10. Set aside 5 minutes each week to do update Clutter Attacks in the hotspot areas which are
11. Knowing how to organize clutter is learning to deal with:
Once you know how to organize clutter, the key is to keep at it regularly and do little spot attacks on different rooms of the house. Keeping the house an enjoyable place to live is much more achievable this way!